Safe Kids Worldwide
Founded in 1987, SafeKids Worldwide, is a global network of 450 coalitions, 16 countries and multiple organizations. Our mission is to prevent accidental childhood injuries, a leading killer of children 14 & under. We bring together health and safety experts, educators, corporations, foundations, government agencies, and volunteers to educate and protect familes. While injury is a threat to children everywhere, significant progress has been to reduce the risks. Efforts are being made to help create a safety culture in every country where it is sorely lacking.
The Members of SafeKids Worldwide:
• Empower local communities to prevent accidental injuries by building grassroots coalitions.
• Generate national awareness of the burdern of accidental injuries.
• Encourage sound research on leading injury risks and critically evaluating solutions.
• Pass and improve child safety laws and regulations.
• Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets, and smoke alarms to families who need them.
• Promote global corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships.